When you have guests visiting, the last thing you want is for them to feel uncomfortable in their bedroom. You want them to feel at home and relaxed so that they can enjoy their stay with you.
This blog post will discuss the different factors you need to consider when decorating a guest bedroom. From Canvas Art Prints to bedroom themes, we’ll show you some examples of stunning guest bedrooms from around the internet!
Guest Bedrooms – What Are They?
A guest bedroom is a room in your home that can be used as a bedroom or an office. It’s typically designed with comfort in mind, and it’s usually smaller than other bedrooms in the home.
The primary purpose of a guest bedroom is to provide guests with a place to sleep during their visit. However, you can also use this room to store extra luggage or entertain guests by setting up a small seating area.
How to Decorate a Guest Bedroom for Impressing Guests
While how you specifically design the guest bedroom is entirely up to you, there are still certain things you need to keep in mind. Here are the factors you have to consider before decorating:
The purpose of the room
The first thing you need to figure out is the purpose of the room. As mentioned above, it can either be used as a bedroom or an office.
The size of the room
The size of the room is also an important consideration. You don’t want to overcrowd the space, but you also want to make sure there’s enough room for your guests to move around comfortably.
The layout of the room
When it comes to the room’s layout, think about how you want it to be used. If you’re using it as a bedroom, you’ll need to consider things like where the bed should go and whether or not you want a seating area. If you’re using it as an office, then you’ll need to figure out where the desk should go and if you need any extra storage.
The style of the room
Before you go and purchase decor and the like, it’s best to already have a clear idea and plan with the room. This way, you can shop for items that will match the style of the room. You don’t want your guests to feel like they’re in a different bedroom altogether!
Here are a few tips on how to decorate a guest bedroom for impressing guests:
- Choose light and airy colors for the walls and furniture. Examples of light and airy colors include white, beige, pale pink, and pastel green.
- Make sure there is plenty of storage space available in the room. Guests will likely need somewhere to store their luggage or clothes.
- Set up a comfortable seating area with a few chairs or a small sofa. This will give your guests a place to relax after a long day.
- Make sure the bed is comfortable with plenty of pillows and blankets. Guests should feel like they can relax and get a good night’s sleep in the guest bedroom.
Must-have Decorative Touches
We know you’ll need a bed, storage, and a place to sit, but there are some other pieces of furniture and decor you might want to consider adding to your guest bedroom. Here are a few ideas:
A dresser or chest of drawers
Dressers can provide guests with extra storage for their clothes and belongings.
Having a nightstand is an excellent way for guests to put their drinks or glasses of water while they’re sleeping.
It also provides them with a place to keep their personal items like eyeglasses, watches, or medications.
An armoire is a great storage option for guests staying for an extended period. It can provide them with a place to hang their clothes and store their belongings.
A luggage rack
If you don’t have enough space for a dresser or chest of drawers, then consider adding a luggage rack to the room. This will give guests a place to put their suitcases while they’re unpacking or packing.
A full-length mirror
Guests often need to check if they look presentable before going out of their rooms, so it’s best to add a full-length mirror to the room. Mirrors can also give the illusion of a bigger, more spacious room, so that’s hitting two birds with one stone!
There’s a reason why there are always plants in lifestyle magazine pictures. Adding plants to the room is a great way to add life and color.
Hanging some wall art is an inspired way to add personality to the room. Choose pieces that compliment the style of the room and make sure they’re hung at eye level.
If you want that extra something, you can even hang up 5 Panel Wall Art pieces that are sure to be a showstopper.
If you have an empty corner in the room, consider adding a floor lamp. Floor lamps are perfect for providing additional light, and they can also act as a piece of decoration.
Scented candles can help make the room smell pleasant and inviting. Choose a scent that is light and refreshing, like citrus or lavender.
A throw blanket
Adding a throw blanket to the guest bedroom is a great way to make it feel cozy and inviting. Guests will appreciate having something to snuggle up in when they’re sleeping.
Depending on the theme and vibe you’re going for, you might consider adding books that reflect your interests or hobbies. A carefully-curated set of books is an ingenious way for guests to get to know you better.
An accent rug
An accent rug can help add color and personality to the room. Choose a rug that is machine-washable for easy cleaning.
You want your guests to feel comfortable and at ease in your guest bedroom, so make sure the lighting is warm and inviting. Avoid harsh or bright lights and instead, use lamps or sconces to create a cozy atmosphere.
Stunning Guest Bedroom Themes
Now that we’ve gone over some tips on how to decorate a guest bedroom, here are some theme ideas you can play around with:
- Luxury: If you want to give your guests a taste of the high life, go for a luxury theme. You can achieve this theme by adding elegant bedding, decor, and furniture. You can even add a chandelier to make the room feel fancy.
- Coastal: Create a calming oasis for your guests with a coastal theme. Add light and airy colors, natural elements like shells or starfish, and nautical accents. Check out these beach-inspired art panels for your coastal room.
- Modern: Give your guest bedroom a modern makeover with clean lines and simple furnishings. Stick to a neutral color palette and add some pops of color with accent pieces.
- Vintage: For a classic look, try a vintage theme. Add antique furniture, old photographs, and charming accents to give the room a timeless feel.
- Eclectic: Go for an eclectic theme if you want to inject your style into the guest bedroom. This theme involves mixing and matching different styles and eras of decor. Be sure to add lots of personality with unique accessories.
As you can see, there are plenty of ways to decorate your guest bedroom so that it impresses your guests! By following these simple tips and ideas, you’ll be able to create a space that is both stylish and comfortable. So what are you waiting for? Get started on creating the perfect guest bedroom today!