It’s that time of the year again! You might be bored from staying at Home, working all day, and looking for things to rearrange and decorate.
But if you’re like most people, you don’t have much money to spend on decorations. That’s where DIY comes in!
Don’t worry because, in this blog post, we’ve made a list of easy DIY decoration ideas and how to do them quickly at Home. So whether you’re looking for something simple or a little more elaborate, we’ve got you covered!
Crafting DIY Home Decoration Projects
DIY Room Decor
If you think your room needs a little spicing up, or maybe you want a breath of fresh new look for your Home, it’s time to start working on your creative side! Here are some DIY projects you can do for your room decor.
Easy DIY Tassel Throw Blanket
Who does not love a DIY blanket? Made from an old t-shirt, this DIY Tassel Throw Blanket is not only comfortable but also stylish. This would be a great addition to any home.
How to Make It:
- First, you will need an old t-shirt. Cut the shirt into strips about four inches wide.
- Once you have all of your strips, cut them into fringe. To do this, make minor cuts about every half-inch along the strip.
- After you have cut all of your strips, it is time to tie them together. Tie each ribbon in a knot around another strip until you have one big piece of fabric.
- Once you have tied all the strips together, cut strips of fabric about six inches long and tie them onto the end of the blanket. Ensure you leave enough material at the back so you can easily hold onto the blanket.
And voila! Your DIY Tassel Throw Blanket is now complete!
DIY Bed Headboard
A bed headboard can add style and elegance to any bedroom. But they can be expensive, so why not DIY your own? It’s easy and super cheap! You need a few supplies, and you can make your bed headboard in no time.
How to Make Your Headboard at Home:
- First, you will need a piece of plywood at least as wide as your bed. Cut it to the desired height and then sand down the edges.
- Next, you will need to find the fabric you like and cut it to fit the plywood.
- Attach the material to the plywood with a staple gun.
- Now, you will need to make the frame for the headboard. Cut four pieces of wood the same width as the plywood and attach them to the sides with screws or nails.
- Finally, add some decorations to your headboard. You can use anything from buttons to ribbons to fabric flowers.
DIY Wall Decorations
Aside from creating your room decor, you can also add some DIY flair to your walls. Here are some ideas:
DIY Wall Art
One of the easiest ways to add some personality to your walls is by DIY-ing some wall art. You can either purchase a canvas and paint something yourself or find a printable online and frame it. If you’re feeling extra creative, you can even make your frame!
This can be done to your room, bathroom, living room, or anywhere else in your Home. This project is great if you want to add value to your Home before selling it (if you decide to.)
DIY Hanging Shelf
Another great way to spruce up your walls is by adding a DIY hanging shelf. This is super easy to make, and you can put anything you want on it, from plants to books to pictures.
First, you will need to find a board with the desired width and length. Cut two pieces of rope or twine, each about four feet long. Tie the rope to the board at each end, ensuring the knots are secure. Next, find a place to hang your shelf. You can either use nails or Command strips. Hang your frame, and then fill it with whatever you want!
DIY Kitchen Decor
Another place you can decorate with DIY projects is your kitchen. Here are a few things you can add to your kitchen at Home.
DIY Mason Jar Decorations
A great way to decorate your kitchen is by hanging mason jars from your cabinets. You can fill the jars with anything you want, such as spices, utensils, or even pretty decorations.
You will need some solid magnets and hot glue to hang the jars. Glue the magnet to the back of the jar lid and then attach it to the underside of your cabinet. That’s it! You now have a cute and functional decoration for your kitchen.
DIY Fruit Bowl
Another easy kitchen decoration you can make is a DIY fruit bowl. This is a great way to add some color to your kitchen, and it’s also a healthy snack!
To make your fruit bowl, you will need a balloon, some yarn, and a bowl. First, blow up the balloon and tie the end with a knot. Then start wrapping the yarn around the balloon. Once the entire balloon is covered in yarn, cut off the excess and carefully remove the balloon from the inside. It would help if you now had a bowl-shaped piece of string. Place this over a bowl and then fill it with fruit.
DIY Living Room Decorations
Lastly, we cannot forget the heart of your Home, the living room. It is one of the essential parts of your house (aside from your room), which is why it is the most fun to decorate.
Here are some DIY living room decoration ideas that you can do at Home.
DIY Pillow Cover
One of the easiest ways to add some life to your living room is by switching out your pillow covers. You can either make your own or purchase them from a store. But if you want to DIY it, find a cute fabric and cut it to fit your pillow.
You can either use hot glue or sew it on to attach the fabric. Once you’ve done that, put your new pillow cover on your old pillow.
DIY Blanket Ladder
Last but not least, a great way to add some decoration to your living room is by making a DIY blanket ladder. This is a great way to store your blankets while adding style to your Home.
To make your blanket ladder, you will need four dowels, a saw, sandpaper, staining supplies, and polyurethane. Now follow these steps to create one successfully:
- First, cut your dowels to the desired length.
- Next, sand down the edges of the dowels to make them smooth. Once that’s done, you can stain them if you want.
- After that, take two of the dowels and glue them together at the top. Repeat this step with the other two dowels.
- Now, glue the two pairs of dowels together in the middle. You should now have a ladder shape.
- Lastly, apply a layer of polyurethane to protect your blanket ladder.
- Let it dry, and then you’re all done.
Q: How can I make my DIY decorations more unique?
A: You can always add your personal touch to make your DIY decorations more unique.
Q: What are some other places I can decorate with DIY projects?
A: There are endless possibilities when decorating with DIY projects. You can decorate your room, bathroom, kitchen, living room, or garden!
Q: What if I don’t have any DIY supplies at Home?
A: Don’t worry. You can easily find DIY supplies at your local craft store or online. Just make sure to get everything you need before starting your project.
We hope you enjoyed our blog post on easy DIY decoration ideas. These are just a few ideas to get you started, but there are endless possibilities when decorating your Home. Just be creative and have fun! DIY-ing is supposed to be enjoyable, so don’t stress yourself out too much.